Smaller company is looking to hire a project manager to oversee daily operations of two landscape crews.
Individual should be well motivated, organized, pay close attention to detail and able to read set of plans. The right candidate will be expected oversee the installation of paver patios, retaining walls, planting of trees and shrubs, and various other aspects of landscape installation and construction as well as other functions. Valid driver’s license required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Including, but not limited to)
- Oversee daily operations of two landscape installation crews
- Set up crews on job site and follow set of plans to ensure construction is completed as intended.
- Set up locates for upcoming jobs.
- Ensure safety regulations are followed by crew members.
- Delivery management of materials to job sites.
- Assist in movement of construction equipment to job sites.
- Assist in hiring process, interviews, and team management.
- Prep and work with new installation hires including training.
- Answer questions for crews and clients in a respectful manner.
- Ensure efficiency of daily operations in the field.
- Other jobs and responsibilities as needed by upper management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS NEEDED:
- High level of knowledge in landscape construction practices including the building of patios, retaining walls, vegetative plantings, lighting, water features, and more.
- Experience in operating construction equipment such as a skid loader and attachments.
- Experience using walk-behind machines and hand tools such as sod cutter, tiller, chop saws, chain saws, etc.
- Ability to identify various plants and place them in correct location in the field.
- Ability to operate a truck with attached trailer.
Required experience: Minimum 5 years experience in landscape installation / landscape crew management, however, will train individuals with the right attitude.