Smaller company is looking to hire people with a positive attitude, to lead a landscape installation crew. This person should be well motivated, pay close attention to detail and enjoys physical labor. The right candidate will be expected to organize their crew, inspects tools, organizes job sites, constructs and installs various landscapes from designs, and supervises and trains permanent and seasonal workers in the installation of paver patios, retaining walls, planting of trees and shrubs, and various other aspects of landscape installation and construction.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Including, but not limited to)
* Supervises full-time and seasonal workers; plans, assigns, and checks work.
* Ensures necessary tools, equipment, and materials are loaded properly in the morning.
* Motivate and ensure an efficient workforce to meet or beat budgets for time and materials.
* Responsible for training of Crew Members
* Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards
* Ensure safe and efficient operation of all equipment for a safe working environment for all crew members, clients and the general public
* Responsible for timely and accurate paperwork completion and submission
* Ensure all tools, equipment and trash is removed from trucks at the end of each day
* Responsible for reporting defects with trucks/equipment to Management
* Responsible for reporting to Operations Manager any complaints from clients, citizens or Crew Members
* Perform all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS NEEDED:
- Must be able to read scaled blue prints or plans.
- Ability to effectively supervise and train employees.
- Able to identify problems and resolve them in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Must have good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work to maximize efficiency.
- Complete paperwork accurately and timely.
- Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a wide variety of people
- Ability to operate company vehicles and trailers requiring a current Iowa State driver’s license, as well as the appropriate knowledge of operating a skid loader and various other landscaping equipment.
- Required experience: Minimum one year supervisory experience and three years of hardscape installation / planting installation.